Scope: They are offering grants for researchers investigating novel drug targets in the fields of Oncology, Gynecology, Cardiology, Hematology and Ophtalmology to promote innovative therapeutic ideas from basic research into novel drugs. They provide financial support to test your hypothesis, start or extend your present research activities.
They are looking for novel targets for the indications of:
- Oncology, Gynecology, Cardiology, Hematology and Ophthalmology
- Target must be a nucleic acid or a protein (e.g. an enzyme, a receptor) whose activity can be modified by a drug
- Target should have shown to be effective/ mechanistically involved in the disease by relevant in vitro or in vivo models.
- Target is disease-modifying and/or has a proven function in the pathophysiology of a disease.
Deadline: August 31, 2016
- Support grants (€ 5,000 - €10,000) For druggable targets that are at a very early stage of discovery.
- Focus grants (€ 10,000 - €125,000) For more mature ideas, e.g. to address specific aspects of a target as a first step towards transferring it to the drug discovery process.